DEFINITION OF “BICIS PARA LA VIDA”
“Bicis para la Vida” is a joint initiative of the Association of Disabled Persons of Pinto, Alberto Contador Foundation, Ananta Foundation and SEUR Foundation consisting of repairing bicycles in a workshop that employs people with disabilities, for subsequent free distribution to disadvantaged groups. The bicycles are collected free of charge by the Alberto Contador Foundation and also transferred free of charge by the SEUR Foundation.
OBJECTIVES OF “BICIS PARA LA VIDA”
- The operation of a workshop for the reception and repair of bicycles that offers professional training under the occupational center regime for people with intellectual disabilities.
- The donation of repaired bicycles in the workshop to groups in situations of social exclusion, in Spain and abroad through duly justified development cooperation programs.
- The mobilization of resources from individuals and institutions to make “Bicis para la Vida” a solidary and sustainable program in which it can collaborate both on time and permanently with the aim of developing a culture of cooperation and promotion of mutual aid.
- Contribute to spread in the society a culture of cycling as both an element of clean and ecological transport as well as leisure.
- To contribute to the dissemination of a culture of cooperation and good practices in society, inasmuch as the four signatory entities cooperate with a common purpose and take good practices to the field of sport, cooperation and the social sphere.
BICYCLE REPAIR WORKSHOP
The workshop for bicycle reception and repair is located in Pinto (Madrid) and employs 10 people with disabilities. The building where the workshop is located has areas for storage, repair, training, toilets, dressing rooms and offices.
BENEFICIARIES OF “BICIS PARA LA VIDA”
The target group of beneficiaries is very large. It ranges from people with disabilities in the municipality of Pinto and surroundings to groups at risk of social exclusion within the Community of Madrid and also to the beneficiaries of the programs and projects of Fundación Ananta, Alberto Contador Foundation, Pinto Disabled People’s Association and Foundation SEUR.
WHERE TO DELIVER DONATED BICYCLES?
Download the list (PDF) of venues where you can deliver a bicycle to donate.